Well, time is still slowly ticking by in subsequent pregnancy land. I still struggle to find the right words to adequately describe what being pregnant after a full term loss is truly like. It's not easy to find that good balance between relying on modern medicine and putting it all into God's hands. What I can tell you, is being pregnant again is definitely not a cure-all. After Emma died, I did have a few people tell me, "Well, at least your still young so you can try again," as if that would solve everything. We have a very wise relative (who lost his only son to cancer almost fifty years ago) who summed it up best when he told us: "Having other children around is definitely not a cure, but they do make a mighty nice pain killer."
And, of course I've found a poem that relates a little to the subject. You didn't think I'd actually go this long without another tear jerking poem, did you?
A Different Child
A Poem
A different child,
People notice
There's a special glow around you,
You grow
Surrounded by love,
Never doubting you are wanted;
Only look at the pride and joy
In your mother and father's eyes.
And if sometimes
Between the smiles
There's a trace of tears,
One day
You'll understand.
You'll understand
There was once a different child
Who was in their hopes and dreams.
That child will never outgrow the baby clothes
That child will never keep them up at night
In fact, that child will never be of any trouble at all
Except sometimes, in a silent moment,
When mother and father miss so much
That different child.
May hope and love wrap you warmly
And may you learn the lesson forever
How infinitely precious
How infinitely fragile
Is this life on Earth.
One day, as a young man or woman
You may see another mother's tears
Another father's silent grief
Then you, and you alone
Will understand
And offer the greatest comfort.
When all hope seems lost,
You will tell them
With great compassion,
"I know how you feel. I am only here because my mother tried again."
Author Unknown





5 comments:
I love this poem. I actually have it on S's website. I read it for the first time not long after S died. Even though getting pregnant with N was a very happy surprise, had it not happened that way, I knew we would have to try again after reading this poem.
WOW! All I can say is that ws breathtaking!
I can't wait to come back here and read this. I'm about to leave for the airport and will be in Thailand on a medical missions trip. Please pray for our team and especially for the people we will serve in the days ahead.
Thanks,
Tom
WOW- THAT was a powerful poem. I can't wait to finish this comment so I can email it to my 26 year old son~ he is here because his mom (me) tried again. And what a blessing he has been to me.
You are a very special lady to put yourself out there and to "try again". My prayers for you and baby continue. You have been an inspiration to me as I see you handle all of this so gracefully with such faith. Keep us posted.
What a beautiful poem!
Post a Comment