When I first saw this picture I was completely mortified by my expression. What on earth was I laughing about??? To this day, I still have no clue as to who or what made me laugh out loud while my daughter was dying, but anyone who has been through something like this knows that grief and the exhaustion that comes with it, can make you a little loony at times. It was our photographer who later convinced me what a great picture this actually was (especially for Jackson to see) and we ended up using it on our programs for Emma's memorial service.Today let's take a moment to focus on humor and laughter, as I don't want this blog to become a place that people avoid because it is too depressing. Let's take a day off from our story and try to remember things that make us smile. I had to borrow these links from another blogger who posted one day about how important it is to take time to "remember the things that make us laugh". (I hope your computer allows you to view these video clips - they are the best!)
Anyway, it will be worth your while to visit these links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmKKZFIA-eQ
http://ebaumsworld.com/2006/11/laughing-baby.html
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/136013/happy_laughing_baby/
Here's to a great day!!!





5 comments:
Julie, I am so glad you are able to laugh at times. It can be "soothing balm" for the soul. I am also glad that you have the family picture with you and hubby laughing, you can display it, and be happy for that moment of laughter. I am also glad for "Polka Dot" to have the chance to know in the midst of sorrow she was able to hear the laughter that she was so use to hearing for 9 months. Now that is a blessing indeed!
Thanks for posting these links - they really were funny!
I am glad you are finding joy like this.
Have a great day!
- Randi - :)
Hey again Julie,
I think a blog is a great place to release what's on your heart and mind. I live far away from all my family - and everybody has babies and have their own lives so I don't get a lot of talking time like I used to - so it's been great for me. I love that I will be able to look back at this 5 years from now or whenever and see what I was learning and going through. It helps me clarify how I really feel about certain issues. So anyway, I hope you find it to helpful to you too. I am sure you have a lot you could teach a lot people. Unfortunately struggle is what makes us stronger - and although we all have unique struggles at different levels - we can all learn from each other. Thanks again for the comment back - look forward to "talking" to you more. :) and I'll add you to my favorites list so if you do ever happen to post - there you have it - you have at least one "listener" :) God bless
- Randi - :)
P.S. YES Nicholas Sparks is great isn't he?!?!! :) I LOVED all the books but I especially loved the movie The Notebook so much - < sigh > .... What state do you live in? :)
I would like to see these but my computer does not work. (go figure) You will have to show them to me when I come over.
Jess
Julie, do not be upset about the picture. I think it is perfect, there is smiles, peace, etc in the picture. I think it will bring great peace in the future. I agree with Nancy that it is soothing for the soul to laugh and let Jackson and Polka Dot here it. I will continue to pray for your family. I know I have alot to be thankful for and I try and enjoy every day God gives me with my family. My sister lives out of state, and I have not seen her in 3 1/2 years, but this next week me and my daughter will get to go up and visit. I am so looking forward to that!
Post a Comment