Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Baby Update





Well, our newest arrival is seven weeks old today. It's true what they say, life definitely becomes more challenging with more than one child, no matter how old they are. As you can see, Jackson is quite proud of his new little sister. For the first few weeks he kept saying, "Wow - I can't believe I actually have a sister at home now!"

So far, Carli is surviving the added joys of being female (like being forced into this cute litte doll dress in early February just so her mom and aunt could have a photo shoot. What can I say - she was about to outgrow it on the spot!).

Overall, she's a really good baby, doing everything that a newborn should. So, even during those trying times and exhausting, sleepless hours of the night when I'm at my wits end, I am able to remind myself that this is exactly what I signed up for: the good, the bad and the really smelly.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Jackson and Carli are SO sweet! I love them!

Tara

Nancy said...

Precious, precious, precious and precious again... I love the one where Carli is "pitching a fit" (that's what we do way down yonder in the south)! A princess deserves clothes that are not too tight- hehe! and in season :)

I know times will get hectic but I also know that you will never take one second for granted, with that precious princess of yours.

Jackson with Carli- PRICELESS!

Susan said...

Yeah!! An update!! I love the picture of her hysterically crying in the dress! Girls are definetly drama queens! At least my daughter is!! I am so happy for you all!

Susan Simpson

The Asquad said...

love it! love it! love it! so happy for you and your blessed family. (((HUGS)))

Jody said...

I am so happy for all of you. I know you treasure each moment with Carli- knowing that even in the 'trying moments' she is a gift in your life. A very beautiful one at that! Enjoy every minute of your children. Jackson looks like a terrific big brother. Congratulations to your whole family. May God bring much blessing and joy to your lives through Carli. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow... such a beautiful family! It doesn't get better than this!
The first months are tough while your body is recovering. It does get easier; remember to take care of you in the meantime.
a grammy

.Tom Kapanka said...

Oh, my,
that last picture just makes me laugh!
Happy Easter week!

.Tom Kapanka said...

I know this will be a special Easter for you with that extra basket.
Happy Resurrection Day!