Well, I came by my own blog to dust off the cobwebs on my end and just when I think a post has worn itself out, I'm surprised to see a few new comments. (By the way, thank you to everyone who is brave enough to comment. Your support and feedback is greatly appreciated.) I did however get a feel for how easily your random thoughts can be misinterpreted (referring to the comment left by Dr. Hyde that if you blame yourself, you need professional help). I completely understand how constantly blaming yourself can only lead to self destruction. Unfortunately, I guess in my last post I didn't express too clearly that, overall, I'm not taking that route. I just wanted to acknowledge that I am human and have had those thoughts. Of course those negative thoughts surfaced more frequently earlier on in my grief and thankfully I can say that now, they hardly ever surface anymore. If I may add a slight twist to an old cliche: "Time definitely dulls all wounds."
Anyway, I plan to update in the near future (much sooner than usual for me) as I have some other things to share that will explain my long absences at times and ultimately my loss for words over the past several months.
Note to self: When taking a temporary leave of absence from blogland, be sure to leave this blog on a more lighthearted post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Dr. Hyde really did take you very seriously! What he doesn't realize (because I assume he never experienced it- he does seem educated on what the "normal" should be) is the roller coaster of emotions you go through during all of this. Blame today, guilt tomorrow, worry the next day and then back to blame... Julie you are perfectly normal and I am glad you can express it in words. I am also glad that I have had the chance to express my self to you- it is a healing process for me... 27 years later. It is going to be a life long process of healing but none are as tough as the first several years! Blessings to you my friend... I look forward to future blogs. You are in my prayers
I can only assume that Dr. Hyde has never actually experienced the loss of a baby, particularly from the maternal side. You can pick up every book on grieving the loss of a baby there is and it will talk about how normal and common it is for mothers to feel a sense of guilt for their baby's death. It is what mother's do. We hold ourselves responsible for every hurt our children suffer, and well... death is pretty much the ultimate wound. I'm sorry you felt you had to come back and explain yourself. I completely understand your feelings.
Julie
You are so healthy, at least in what you represent here in blogland about grieving and I agree with the last post. Until you lose a child youself, you never know what that will do to you and how you will grieve. You can write a million books and conduct a thousand studies, its not the same thing! Your an inspiration to me and countless others for your faith and ability to continue living your life the best way you know how! Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Susan
I had to laugh at your note to self.
As you have noticed, some of us check in and leave comments on top of comments.
Don't worry about the writer's block. It happens. You are right, though, People tend to comment on the top post.
Dear Julie,
We stopped in on Brad and Heather in Omaha a couple of weeks ago. It was good to see them. I can't wait until they are back in 'town', so to speak. Maybe then we can finally meet! I just wanted you to know I think of you and pray for you guys more often than I comment. I've been praying for you guys a lot lately and asking God for continued grace, healing, and peace. Blog on.
Thinking of you and your family as we head into this 'holiday season'. It is a good thing to remember and reflect- as Adrienne Graves mentioned from grief counseling. I just happen to love that we can remember and reflect all the time...not just on the 'big occasions'. I will pray for you during Thanksgiving and Christmas. And I wish you continued healing and peace and a journey filled with Joy! With love and care...
Julie,
Thank you for visiting my blog and offering your encouragement. We are getting through our loss one day at a time. Words from others who have been through this kind of grief are so important to me. It reassures me there is life beyond our loss. I know I will miss my Martha Anne every day of my life, but I do take comfort from you and others that a day will come when I can think on her without crying. A day when happy memories will prevail. Thanks again for sharing yourself with others.
Sincerely - Allen
P.S. You are right about men and women processing differently. So far only women have responded to anything I have written. Oh well...my wife says I'm really just a big softie anyway.
If you are looking for reliable security guards who can act as doorkeepers for your company with devotion and effectiveness, then without further delay, come in touch with http://www.servelsecurity.net .Just approach servel security online and find the right security guard.
Post a Comment