

So I just have to share this conversation that Jackson and I had today. I had to drag the poor child into the shoe department of a store, while his cousins were in the same store looking for swing sets. Needless to say, he wasn't thrilled about that so I didnt have much time to try and achieve my goal of finding him a pair of shoes for my sister's upcoming wedding. I had him in a shopping cart and after finding what we needed, I decided to push my luck and browse rather quickly up and down each aisle of the women's shoes on our way to the swing sets. It was in the flip flop aisle that our conversation took place:
Jackson: "Mom, Stop!"
Me: "What is it, Jackson?"
Jackson: "Look at those flip flops! They have polka dots on them."
Me: "Why, yes they do and we sure love polka dots, don't we?"
Jackson: "Ya. Too bad our baby died because now we can't buy those shoes for her."
Me: "I know sweetie. I wish we could do that too, but you know what? Those are actually my size and I've been wanting a pair of polka dotted flip flops!"
Jackson (after a few minutes of watching me try on shoes): "Maybe we'll have another baby someday and we can name her Emma."
Me: "Actually, we wouldn't do that because we already have an Emma in our family."
Jackson: "Oh...Well, maybe next time we could call our baby "Sprinkles". Would that name be okay?"
Me: "Sprinkles - I love it. I think that name would be perfect!"
(I'm not currently pregnant, by the way, for anyone who is keeping track. I promise, you'll be the first to know!!!)





6 comments:
Speaking of "Julies," my Julie bought a pair of polka dot flip flops (black with colored dots) for the Senior Trip we just returned from in Destin, Florida. They're cute, but the dots where her feet touch rubbed off after just a few wearings--maybe yours will last longer. =) Either way, the polka dots that show are cute.
Jackson's sensitivity is already a part of his personality.
Miss Julie~~~I check on your blog often to see new posts. You actaully encouraged me to start my own. Then my internet went kapoot and yesterday just got it back up and running. I believe I got your link from the NILMDTS website. Anyhoo, Isn't it funny where and when and what makes the big brothers and big sisters (in my case) think of their baby angel siblings. Just this past weekend I was upset and tearing up about an argument I had with a SIL and BIL and my 4 yr old son says, "We still miss Aaron don't we." I said, "Yes, we will always miss Aaron---and Adam---but one day we'll all be together!!" It's amazing the understanding these little babes have. XOXO to you--Penny
P.O.I.,
Funny that you mention the dots are rubbing off. Polka dots really are in style these days so I've seen flip flops all over the place, but hadn't bought any because I knew the dots would eventually wear off. The pair that Jackson discovered only have polka dots on the fabric straps - perfect!!
Just precious... Jackson adds so much love to your life and how special "polka dots" will be to all of you for the rest of your life. I think Sprinkles would be an excellent name. It could even work for a boy... maybe!?
I am glad to see you are doing so good. I haven't stopped praying for you... you are going to stay on my list!
We are down to 51 days until the wedding (July 21st) and it is really getting hectic so I may not be able to keep up as much. I may not even be able to post at some point. Please email if there is anything urgent... I do check it daily. Blessings to you, your family and that precious Jackson.
Julie,
That is so sweet of Jackson to think of her that way. I am glad you found flip flops that are fabric, my daughter just had to have a pair of pink flip flops with white polka dots. She was so upset when the polka dots started wearing off. I love the nicknames we have for our children. My dauther's is Doodlebug. Anyway thanks for sharing your precious "Polka Dot" with us and your beautiful family. Your faith in God is truly a testimony to many others. Thanks again!
God Bless,
Kris
Hi Julie. I have cried every time I have been on this site. The story about Jackson and the flip flops is priceless. He is such a sweet little boy. You and Josh should be so proud of yourselves for raising such a compassionate little guy. In turn, I am proud of you for sharing your experience with this process of healing. Emma is so lucky to have a mom like you to carry on her memory and life!
Yours truly,
Candice
Post a Comment